IORA’s biggest trade event of the year entitled, “Modernising Trade in the Indian Ocean Rim Conference” will take place at the Capital Pearls Hotel in Durban, South Africa from 17-18 June 2019. Register now!
- Day 1 of the conference will explore emerging opportunities for boosting trade and investment in the Indian Ocean region, and accompanying synergies with IORA’s agenda for the economic empowerment of women, and is open to all attendees.
- On Day 2 the Indian Ocean Rim Business Forum (IORBF) will meet in the morning to discuss how the business community engages with IORA Member State governments. This will be followed by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) hosting a panel event to mark its centenary, with a focus on reducing global inequality and business’ role in climate change.
- For official IORA delegates, Day 2 will also convene IORA’s Working Group on Trade and Investment (WGTI) and Working Group on Women’s Economic Empowerment (WGWEE). On 19 June UN Women will host a separate workshop on recent research on women’s economic empowerment.
The conference is expected to gather more than 100 delegates from IORA Member States, comprising of government officials and the business community. Speakers will include leading figures from the International Chamber of Commerce, Centre for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), KPMG, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, UN Women, and Chambers of Commerce and Industry from around the Indian Ocean Rim region.
Registration is mandatory as either an Endorsed IORA Delegate or Conference Participant.
Endorsed IORA Delegates include:
- Government officials nominated to attend the Conference and/or official IORA meetings (IORBF, WGTI and WGWEE) by their foreign ministry.
- Businesspeople who are nominated as national IORBF representatives by their foreign ministry.
- Conference speakers and session moderators.
- Dialogue Partner representatives (can attend Conference, IORBF as observer and ICC Side Event).
Endorsed IORA Delegates are requested to register online here.
Conference Participants include:
- Business community based in South Africa or internationally.
- Women’s empowerment groups based in South Africa or internationally.
- Media representatives.
- Other interested individuals.
Conference Participants can attend the Conference, IORBF as observers and the ICC Side Event.
Conference Participants are requested to register by sending their name, organisation and contact details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com.