United Nations General Assembly (UNGA)
IORA has formally obtained observer status at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). The General Assembly has unanimously approved Resolution A/RES/70/123 on 14 December 2015.
African Union (AU)
The Secretary General presented his Credentials to the Chairperson of the AU Commission on 09 November 2015.
IORA is seeking to have partnership (either through Memorandum of Understanding or Work Plan) with:
- African Union (AU);
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) ;
- The Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC-UNESCO)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- The Indian Ocean Tuna Commission (IOTC)
- World Bank
- NAM Centre
- The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- International Seabed Authority (ISA)