The Journal of Indian Ocean Rim Studies (JIORS) aims to strengthen research and academic findings within the Indian Ocean Region. This Journal is managed by the Chair in Indian Ocean Studies at the University of Mauritius, Prof V.N. Attri in collaboration with the IORA Secretariat.
The Journal seeks to enhance the understanding of IORA’s six priority areas as well as Women Economic Empowerment and the Blue Economy. It is a platform for researchers, scholars and practitioners to share research findings to enrich and enhance knowledge within IORA.
IORA is pleased to announce the release of the JIORS Volume 1, Issue 2 for October 2018, which may be accessed at the link below.
Call for Papers
The JIORS is currently seeking research articles, discussion papers or policy papers on the following priority areas:
- Maritime Safety and Security;
- Trade and Investment Facilitation;
- Fisheries Management;
- Disaster and Risk Management;
- Academic, Science and Technology Cooperation;
- Tourism and Cultural Exchanges;
- Women's Economic Empowerment; and
- The Blue Economy
In keeping with the Charter of IORA, the JIORS promotes research in:
- Understanding of sustained growth and balanced development of the region and of the Member States;
- Ensuring Capacity Building in the six IORA priority areas of the Association;
- Capacity building to create common ground for regional economic cooperation;
- South-South Cooperation and issues related to the global economy; and
- Matters related to the IORA focus areas of Women's Empowerment and the Blue Economy.
Peer Review Statement
All research articles/papers in this online Journal will undergo rigorous peer review, with initial editor screening and anonymized double-bind refereeing.
Submission of article / research paper
Journal of Indian Ocean Rim Studies, 2018 Vol. 1, Issue 2
Journal of Indian Ocean Rim Studies, 2017 Vol. 1, Issue 1
JIORS Call for Papers Vol 2. Issue 1. March 2019